Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Veto the Addiction - 07/14/10


Say you’d pay
For a day
In my brain?
You’d just be paying
For a day
Of pain
A little
Masochistic?
Well, that’s okay
Join the club
Cuz even I’m
That way

And unfortunately
It ain’t just for
My poetry
That I’m this way
Ha, no way
Honest to the core
And probably
Gonna stay
That way

You see,
If there’s something
Wrong with me
Something that can’t
Be changed
Chained
To my brain
I’m not interested
In addiction
To make
It break
So put
The prescription
Pad away
Forget it, Doc,
I’m okay
This way

Am I tired
Or am I sad?
No one knows
Not even my own
Mom and dad
Cuz I hide it
Confide it
In few
I’ve made it
This far
This way
Who’s to say
Anything
Will really change?
I’ve got no interest
In it
So let it be
You see,
Even if there’s something
Wrong with me
It makes for
Damn fine
Poetry
So I think
I’ll stay
This way

No comments:

Post a Comment