Saturday, August 20, 2016

Letters to the Stars - 08/20/16

Even riding on a light wave,
it'd take a couple hundred thousand days
to deliver this communique,
which is really just to say
"I love you"
a couple hundred thousand different ways,
as if that's all it would take
to set things back to the old ways
to clear the haze
and free the radio waves
no longer transmitting all the things I want to say.

All I want to say
is:

"I love you;"

"I knew
the minute I fell into
those blue eyes
that the skies
would never be as clear as
your smile;"

"I realize
the distance between us
is more than just miles;"

"There are galaxies
in my memoies
of us,
but I can't seem
to show them;"

"My words belong
beyond poems
and I know this now
but the only way to show this now
is poems
so I wrote them all down
and they all say 'I love you;'"

"I love you;"

"I miss you,
but can still hear your voice,
still taste your kiss,
feel the twitch of your lips.
Each imagined laugh
has me gasping
and grasping
for a reality
that disappeared
the last time I ran
my fingers through your hair.
Wherever I go,
you seem to be there,
in equations and textbooks
and ribbons and stars
and every time I look up
again
how far away you are
because it's still so hard
to believe
this much has changed."

No comments:

Post a Comment