Tuesday, May 22, 2012

There is So Much Left to Do and Say - 5-22-12

“I sincerely hate you.
That is not to say that
I don't still want you,
nor that I wouldn't give anything to have you,
nor that I haven't already,
only that I hate myself for it
as much as I loath you.
For your brains,
your body,
your cruel, beautiful smile
that passes right through me,
I hate you.”

  1. Visit every room in the school.
  2. Meet every teacher
  3. Graduate
  4. Finals

“I have no idea who you are
and every time you ask for my help on
your homework,
your project,
your love life,
your friendship,
I want to walk away with a laugh;
but I stay and allow the continued abuse
because I think,
one day,
it will have been worth something.”

  1. Kip a pull-up
  2. Finish a short story
  3. Write a poem
  4. Go to a party

“You hurt me like you always do.
I work myself into thinking
the bright flowers are beautiful,
not poisonous,
and the bite gnaws into my insides in the end.
I tried everything
to reach you,
to be near you,
to slip beside you like one of the flowers,
but you always pluck me like a weed.
On a cold breeze the next time around,
I hope I will pass right by you
and all the other flowers
who bare your mark.”

  1. Kiss
  2. Dance
  3. Bake twelve cakes
  4. Get a new dress

“Everything I am and know,
I owe to you.
There is nothing of more importance
or value
than each memory
and magnet of wisdom
you have given me.
There is nothing I will hold tighter,
keep closer,
or love longer
than each thoughts you inspired me to think,
than each neuron you light on fire,
than each string you plucked
to the melody of brilliance.
Thank you.”

  1. Sing even though my voice is terrible
  2. Give her my clipboard.
  3. Inspire
  4. Breath

“I love you.”

  1. Say everything I need to
  2. Smile sincerely or don't smile at all
  3. Love
  4. Say Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment