Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Last Word - 5-22-12

What I want most, though,
is to set those words free,
to speak that poem to open ears,
whoever hears is fine with me.
This is my lonely soul
and this is the way it's always been
so give me my sweet misery and negligence
because Lonely and Miserable and Neglected
were the best friends that
ever could have been.
So, Miserable, my darling, I love you,
and any girl who won't have you
is a monster,
by which I mean to say that the one girl
who won't have you
only won't because she wants all of you
and all of them
and never to have to chose.
So, Neglected, mi carino, I love you,
now please accept my arms
and praise and love and affection
and know that I will be able
to have fun without you
but I do not want to.

So, Flighty, who has flown from me,
I love you.
So, Repressed, who has roared triumphant,
I love you.
So, Worried, who has wandered off,
I love you.
So, Giddy, who glides towards brighter days,
I love you.
So, Pretty, who awaits her thrown,
I love you.
And Baby if you hurt my friend one more time
I'll hurt you
but until then, I love you too.
My sassy, southern belle,
I love you.
My beautiful angels, left in Heaven,
I love you.

And Lonely,
and Lonely,
and Lonely you pathetic girl!
Get out of your head,
get out of the marshes,
get out of the caves
and the maze
and the nightmare
and say all the words
you've been dying to say
since they first popped into your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment