Thursday, May 12, 2011

Time After Time - 05/12/11


Well, thanks so much
My darling love
For vague
And unsure heartbreak
And it sure feels great
When the night’s so late
And you pick now
To start a fight
You know it’s love to care
But my heart’s not there
She’s gone looking for sanity

And, yes, I know
I do everything wrong
And, yes, I know
That it won’t last long
I’d like to try to be perfect
But nothing makes it seem worth it
So what are we doing?
Where are we going?
Why aren’t we stopping?
Why aren’t we growing?
We’re the same rigid people
Our derivative’s zero

When you lay it out
It’s all my fault
So what does it matter
You’ve done nothing wrong
This won’t last very long
Just relax
Just breathe
Everything will get better
And then it will crumble
Again and again
The same sad cycle
Time after time
Oscillating like the tides
Tearing down sand castles
Time after time

No comments:

Post a Comment