Monday, August 23, 2010

Diamond Blood - 08/23/10


Out of
The blackness
Of my mind
Two lines
Start to rhyme
There’s a beat
A spark
Of heat
In three four time

CHORUS:
Baby it’s raining diamonds
Can’t you see ‘em shining?
Making dents
In the cement
Or is it just me?

And don’t you know
It’s starting to get cold
Wind is blowing
Seasons showing
All the colors you can’t see

Who am I, who are you?
Does it matter what’s through?
Skin or blood?
Dirt or mud?
It’s all diamonds to me
END

Every scar
On my brain
Every memory
Of pain
Is all here
To entertain
In lyrical harmony
Or perhaps
Cacophony ?
Whichever springs
From misery

{CHORUS}

Tell me
Truly
Does it matter?
The diamond rain’s
Pitter patter
And the
Dying night
And fading laughter?
Flying knives
And red rivers
In the disaster
All just part
Of the universe’s
Coded chatter

{CHORUS}

Skin or blood?
Dirt or mud?
It’s all diamonds to me

No comments:

Post a Comment