Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Camera - 07/09/13

My momma's camera can't seems to see
the images that make my eyes gleam
now I know the real mystery
is that everything is what it seems to be
but I don't know how they ever convinced me
that that's any reason to believe

I turned right when I should have turned left
and ended up biking a mile uphill
only to come back down it
so by the time I found my way around it
the sun had set and the trail was closed
and the streetlights were telling me to go home
which I guess is for the best
because they don't allow bikes anyway
so I suppose I'll come back earlier another day

See, I only get lost following street signs
but if I walk out in the woods,
I'll make it home just fine,
I know that you'd rather stay inside
and not talk to me
which I guess is alright
but if you ever feel
like being dumb at night
I know the back roads
like the stars know the sky

I want to end up lost in the country side,
where there's about a mile between each street sign
and in the middle of the road, the yellow lines
are faint and faded in the star light

Because I want to take your picture,
on the hood of your car,
completely relaxed, staring up at the stars,
stunned into babbling
instead of being so reserved
and I want to take your picture in the city,
and I want to take your picture at the movies,
and I want to take your picture on a bridge over a river,
telling your best friend about the beauty
of some obscure folk punk song
that you've been muttering all day long

See, I only get lost up in my mind,
but if I don't pay attention,
I make it home just fine
I know that you'd rather stay inside
and not talk to me
which is more than alright
but if you ever feel like doing something dumb tonight
I got a brand new bike
and, for you, I'd ride 'til the stars leave the sky

No comments:

Post a Comment