Friday, June 24, 2011

Angel - 06-24-11

Ms. Perfection
Has got a confession
She’s no android
Just a humanoid
I’ve got flaws and I’ve got feelings
Can’t you see me hit the ceiling
Every time that you’re repeating
“Where’s the logic?  Where’s the reason?”
Where’s an equation
For devastation?
Where’s an argument
Against humiliating?
What ever made you believe
That logical closure
Would help me regain composure?
I’m no Vulcan
From a heartless world
I’m just you sad, depressed
Hopeless little girl

I’m done with being an angel
I’m going down to Hell
Getting away from this tundra
Breaking out of my cell
It’s time for me to be me
And not the girl you see
It’s time for my dead heart
To be revived and set free

No amount of contemplation
Of this situation
Will ease any pain
There is nothing to gain
From running around your brain
Wish that you would see me
Wish you wouldn’t believe me
When I blatantly lie
About being fine
 You’ve known me for almost 17 years
And you can’t tell when I’m fighting back tears
Tell me, what have I been doing here?
Isn’t there a home for me here?
Or should I leave this cold Hell
For a blazing hot one?
Father, please, do tell
Should I run like a shotgun
Away from here?
Or should I pretend not to hear
The fights and the insults
And my own muffled tears?
It’s been nearly 17 years

No comments:

Post a Comment